3/11/2014

ASPARAGUS & PROSCIUTTO, FISH TACOS, AND PEANUT BUTTER & JELLY COOKIES

CULINARY ARTIST: ERIC "LAUDRUM
OVERALL STAR RATING: 4.5/5

FOOD EATERS: IAN, BRIANNE, JESSE
LATECOMER NON-FOOD EATERS: ALYSSA & EMMETT



Hang on, I'm eating a cookie. 

I just about burnt the house down. Can we call it 3 alarm asparagus? Today I spent about half an hour at Longos over my lunch break to get my ingredients. I couldn't find jam or puff pastries...

Alyssa: "Jam is the easiest thing!"
Ian: "There's like an entire aisle for Jam"

The asparagus was supposed to have pastry wrapped around it but I had to ditch that idea when I couldn't find the pastry. I just made fish tacos because I really love fish tacos. Yes. I think the world should eat more fish tacos. Also Brianne has never had fish tacos.

Brianne: "I didn't even know fish tacos was a thing until a year ago. I knew it was a funny slang for vagina, but I didn't know it was an actual food."

Alyssa: "Uhhh, emmett just poured wine on the ground"
Emmett: "Help! I don't want to wine stain the cats"


FIRST COURSE: Asparagus 
STAR RATING: 4.67/5



Asparagus, wrapped in prosciutto and broiled to a juicy crispiness. The trick is to keep it under even and constant heat until the fire alarm goes off; golden brown. Finished with parmesan cheese. Nice Ape Tits. That's french.
Brianne: Star rating: 4

"I have deducted a point because the smoke alarm caused me considerable anxiety, and left Groucho slouched beside the toilet crying. It did taste good. Salty. Mmmmm. I love prosciutto and I love asparagus. But this smoke alarm business was unacceptable."

Jesse: Star rating: 5
"Perfection. That's it."

Ian: Star rating: 5
"Perfectly tender. Salty treat. ;)."

Alyssa: "I would just like to note Emmett and I planned on bringing 100 samosas. But we went to buy them and they were closed. 100 samosas is $30. I think we could have eaten them. I'm pretty hungry. We could just be laying in them."

Brianne: "Just fill the bath."

SECOND COURSE: Fish Tacos
STAR RATING: 4.8/5




Lucky Buddha Beer Battered Telapia. It was a last minute decision to batter the fish. I wanted to keep it really fresh and light and I didn't want the batter to weight it down. But in the end you can still batter your bait and keep it light and crispy. Write that down. Okay.

The Lucky Buddha beer was chosen primarily for the energy levels. It really brought balance to the karma party. It was also the only beer I had in the house.

So, fish tacos. Here's a walk through. Corn tortillas, warm em up till they start to bubble. Lay that out, and you're gonna want to add a dollop of a cilantro sour cream spread, diced and salted tomatoes, red cabbage slaw, and the radish, cucumber, pepper mix. And the fish! Oh and parmesan cheese.



Brianne: Star rating:5
"My first fish taco experience was excellente. I was nervous and excited, but it delivered. The fish was perfectly cooked. The sour cream was sour cream, so that is perfect. Eric knows that sour cream is my weakness."

Jesse: Star rating: 4.8
"It was delicious. It was warm and cold. It hit it on the head. That is all."

Alyssa"Hit what on the head?? I'm going to give it a 1.2. It would have been so tasty if only I had been invited. Emmett has no comment because he's too upset."

Ian: Star rating:4.6
"I enjoyed the crispy... what?... crispy, but tangy... notes. And what tied it all together was the slightly toasted taco. Shell."

DESSERT: PEANUT BUTTER & JELLY COOKIES
STAR RATING: 4.05/5



The cookies were a peanut butter and jelly cookie. This was a recipe from Michael Smith so that is why it was only okay. He's a shitty chef. I think it was on the food network. They were a little over cooked...

Ian: "I wouldn't say they were overcooked!"

If i had made them bigger I could have put in more jelly.




Brianne: Star rating: 3.9
"I know I ate like 7 of these, but they were only a 3.9. I agree they were a teeny bit overcooked, and I would have liked a different jam, or a variety of jam. Otherwise a very interesting and salty sweet cookie!"

Alyssa: Star rating: 3.5
"Some half points were deducted because I didn't get to experience the entire selection at the dinner. Side note, points deducted because Eric is a douche. Despite the slight burntiness I would still give them a solid 3.5. Congratulations Eric."

Jesse: Star rating: 4
"The cookies were delicious. I give them a 4. The jam was a nice touch. Chocolate milk that was the best. That's it that's all." 

Ian: Star rating: 4.8
"I enjoyed that it was a subtle peanut butter rather than an overpowering. I don't like when it's too dry. There was enough jam to cut... it gave it a lot more of a texture. Hmmm. What would you call that? Oversized grains of sugar?"

Brianne: "It was regular sugar."

Ian: "Oh! And the chocolate milk was a great accompaniment."

Alyssa: "A comfy mint?"




Brianne and Jesse spent almost an hour trying to get this plane to fly. By the time it finally flew (to the roof of our neighbours house, landing on top of the air conditioner) it didn't even have proper wings. It was straight busted. 


PHOTO BOOTH PHOTO









No comments:

Post a Comment